Best Atheist Quotes

Stephen Roberts: When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Jimmy Carr: When I was a kid I had an imaginary friend and I used to think that he went everywhere with me, and that I could talk to him and that he could hear me, and that he could grant me wishes and stuff. And then I grew up, and I stopped going to church.

Buddha: Believe nothing, No matter where you read it, Or who has said it, Not even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense.

Michel de Montaigne: To understand via the heart is not to understand.

Jules Renard: I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t.

Anonymous: Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Ancient Roman tombstone: Do not pass by my epitaph, traveler. But having stopped, listen and learn, then go your way. There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon, No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus. All we who are dead below Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else. I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler, Lest even while dead I seem talkative to you.

John McCarthy: An atheist doesn’t have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there can’t be a god. He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence on the God question is at a similar level to the evidence on the werewolf question.

Blaise Pascal: Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.

Anonymous: Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

Popular Posts